switching over carb to fi on ford 302.

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Sep 4 22:24:07 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Stinar <kahn at means.net>
Subject: switching over carb to fi on ford 302.

>I'm currently rebuilding a boat that has a 302 ford engine is it.
>What my question to all of you is, should I look at scavenging parts for
the FI off of a car or should I take a look at those after market kits?

Got paddles, aftermarket, OK.
I have yet to see a aftermarket offer a 50,000 mile warranty.
I'd suggest using a version of ecm used in the engine compartment,
if possible.
Simpler means more compromises
For more money they get consumer friendlier
If you want to use a laptop, and min your time investment the aftermarket is
a consideration.
A replacement ecm can run 4-500 dolars for aftermarket.  A
oem version, can be had for $50.
Down side is the Ford boxes aren't too well cracked for the DIYer.
So means running chevy, if ya want to say money.
Lots of things to think about.
Bruce