Nissan FJ20 Turbo Injection System

Nick Tangney mes at iinet.net.au
Thu Sep 24 14:54:47 GMT 1998

Hello Group,
I have a question regarding a 2 litre Alfa Romeo turbo efi engine which
I am building. The engine will utilise an Autronic SM2 computer (I'm in
Australia btw), DFI (from a Subaru WRX) and injectors from a Nissan FJ20
turbo. I need to know the following:
1./ Do I need to use ballast resistors in-line to the FJ20T injectors,
or can the Autronic SM2 software dispense with the need for this?
2./ What is the max flow rate of the FJ20 Turbo injectors and their max
hp capacity (each)?
3./ I have seen 3 different injectors for the FJ20T all stamped A46-00
on the side but with 3 different numbers stamped on the top: 4144 2525B,
41443205B or 4144 3309B. The colour of the plastic moulding differs
between each of the three injectors also, but is there any performance
difference and can they be interchanged and mixed in the same engine?
4./ Anyone got a wiring diagram for the Subaru WRX direct fire ignition
system?
Thanks in advance.
Nick Tangney.