Caddy 472-500

mrvette mrvette at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 24 23:08:50 GMT 1998

The multi-stage switch on the t-body (position sensor)  was, and the water
temp/air temp units may have been, Bosch....but that was all, far as I can
tell....GENE

Gary Derian wrote:

> I misspoke a little.  The Bosch D-Jet is based on original Bendix patents
> from the 50's.  I once interviewed at Bendix in 1974 and saw a Cosworth Vega
> in their lab.  I know the Vega injection used Bosch parts for sensors, etc.
> The Caddy systems I'm not so sure about.  Even if they did use some Bosch
> components, I would not be at all suprised if a Bendix guy claimed it was
> all Bendix, after all, Bendix did invent it.
>
> Gary Derian <gderian at cybergate.net>
>
> >When I was playing with that system some 8 years ago, and putting it on the
> >Pontiac,  I talked to the original Bendix engineers in Newport News Va.
> they
> >said it was their own system developed for GM...and specifically done for
> those
> >engines....the Olds 350, caddy 425, & 500...
> > totally differant than anything VW/Bosch could have done....
> >
> >GENE
> >
> >Gary Derian wrote:
> >>
> >> It must have been based on the Bosch D-Jetronic as used on the Caddy
> Seville
> >> (Olds 350) and the Cosworth Vega.  It was first seen on the VW Squareback
> >> and Fastback in 1968.  There is a description of it at:
> >> http://users.iafrica.com/w/wr/wrm/d-jet.html
> >>
> >> Gary Derian <gderian at cybergate.net>

> injector
> >> for
> >> particulars,

> >--
> >

> >                                ____________
> >Fun under the sun in          //~~~~~~~~~~~~\\
> >Jacksonville, Fl.  :-)))     //______________\\
> >                       /~~~---~   |      |   ~---~~~\
> >                      /|    /______\____/______\    |\
> >                    (( | /      |          |      \ | ))
> >     Mako 'Vettes    | \============================/ |
> > Shift better with   |\ \\[  ]    |mrvette|   [  ]// /|
> >     Automatics      | \/+========================+\/ |
> >                     |~==============================~|
> >                     |_____|                    |_____|

                                ____________
Fun under the sun in          //~~~~~~~~~~~~\\
Jacksonville, Fl.  :-)))     //______________\\
 Shift better with   |\ \\[  ]    |mrvette|   [  ]// /|