Fuel injection plugs

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Sun May 2 02:06:18 GMT 1999

>Greg:
>
>Snip.......
>
>As regards your comments about cam ramp angles...... I was aware of
>that issue and don't regard it as relevant at the extreme lash
>involved......  50K+ trouble free miles on this engine in a single
>axle semi tractor (391 engine) bear that out.  Life expectancy of a
>gas engine in this application isn't much over about 80K no matter
>what engine you use, and it is still running strong and has been
>trouble free.             H.W.

Then I guess I must be nuts to be building a gas engine for duty in a 27500
GCVW vehicle which is designed make 925 ft lbs from 1600 thru 4000 rpm,
continuous duty, anywhere from sea level up to 11K MSL , on ULR fuel, and
have a 10000 hour (500K mile) design life! (And have a cruising bsfc below
.35 #/bhphr.!)

I am sure that the dude with forty years of professional engineering and
mechanical experience should listen very carefully to the guy who didn't
know that flattys used floating bearings, and rather reliably,  on engine
design issues!

Howard--I think you might have some potential! If you would quit taking up
so much bandwidth on this list telling yourself how much you know, I think
that you might actually have the capacity to learn something here!

Regards, Greg