Espen's Reed Valves

Howard Wilkinson owly at mcn.net
Mon May 3 14:43:41 GMT 1999

Dave:
    I'm not sure if you are speaking of the many "hit & Miss" type
engines which used an ordinary valve with a light spring which was
sucked open during the intake stroke..... I presume this is what you
mean by "reed valve".....or was there some other form of reed valve
used?  A friend of mine has a number of these engines still in use.
H.W.