alternative engines, WARPED

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Tue May 11 23:50:03 GMT 1999

If this is a typical drag setup with 4.56 gears and a Torqueflite no way
you're gonna get 20 mpg.  EFI will get you 10 to 15% economy compared to a
well tuned carb.  If you can get a carb setup to 15 mpg, then you can get 17
mpg with EFI.  You will need overdrive and a cam that works at low rpm
(1500).  If you can't or won't tune a carb, how are you going to tune EFI?

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>