In cylinder pressure measurement

C. Brooks cbrooks1 at tqci.net
Wed May 12 20:01:30 GMT 1999

Has anyone ever heard of anybody doing this? I was talking with someone
about data acquisition systems and the subject came up while we were
discussing methods of knock detection. I'm not to enthusiastic about being
able to monitor A/F ratios accurately or in realtime, and our conversation
kinda stuck with me.

If anyone's ever seen or heard about somebody performing in cylinder
pressure measurements I'd love to hear about it. I imagine the transducers
would have to be pretty tough, how would they mount? What kind of sample
rate do you think would be needed? Best of all, who would make a sensor that
could take the abuse???

Charles Brooks