alternative engines, WARPED

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Wed May 12 22:22:31 GMT 1999

You ARE lucky man!

As for the diff 'tween the two dist's, the single point is shorter AND
the larger diameter areas are too big to fit into the block hole!

The original distributor that was in the t-bird has NO internals except
the shaft and rotor, that IT, the shaft is in two peices, it is held
together by two screws which is made so that you can index the rotor so
the the tip of the rotor is phased correctly with the cap so as to
reduce cross sparking, such as is one of the probs with the mopar
electronic distributor, the rotor is a tad outa phase from the magnetic
pickup so that when you put full advance with the vac advance
mechanism(56 degrees!) there is sometimes a cross sparkin prob...)

ANYHOO, will try and get a duraspark unit from the yard instead of makin
my own from scratch outa two or three different brand distributors  like
Dr. Frankenstein!! It just ain't worth it....

Thanks for your insight in this matter, I know no Ford people as
friends, MOST of em are intimidated due to my loud exhaust and BIG
lookin engine n all...  So they kinda avoid the beast... However, I DID
find a new place where a LOT of newer stangs and firebirds n all hang
out, there were at least two stangs with s-trim superchargers at a
parkin lot in Deer Park on Center Street, one of the dudes was pretty
old but he DID have his $hit together and was pusin 17 lbs of boost on
an o-ringed s.b. Ford 5.0!

He even showed me his time slip!  He was in the 11's with like a 1.7x 60
ft time!

COOL?

LATER!

Todd....!!