alternative engines, WARPED

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Thu May 13 16:21:18 GMT 1999

CL,

It takes a LOT of gear to get a behemoth like our b-body Mopars outa the
hole, 2.xx gears just doesn't cut it, as compared to 4.xx gears, no
comparison...

The torque of the Big Blocks still may feel strong even with the highway
gears but it's not as effective as when ya use quicker gears such as the
4.10's....

I drove my 70 Bee with the ol 383 and 4.10's with an automatic 727 from
Cheyenne, Wy to Houston, Texas back in June of 1989, got 15 mpg goin 50
mph most of the way... with 100+ mph jaunts about every 10 to 30 minutes
to clean er out... Windows were down the whole way, except for when it
rained in the hill country of Texas...  That trip was with an 800 spread
bore single feed dbl pmpr jetted pretty rich for Cheyenne's
altitude(Over 5,200 ft)....

And NO I didn't use ear plugs as I should've.... I was runnin dual
cherry bombs only, straight off the headers, and couldn't go to sleep
the night I arrived in Houston due to my ears ringing....

Have since acquired a LOt of single packs of those sponge roll up ear
plugs for passengers and myself on those long trip days...

Am about to install a set of 3 inch pipes with 3 inch 2 chambered flows,
they're in the trunk, I need to have the muffs welded back onto the
pipes, wonder how it'll sound, as compared to the current 2.5 inch pipes
with el cheapo turbo's...

Thanks fo rthe stories mang...

LATER!

Todd....!!