SpeedBrain... to the rescue....??

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Wed May 26 14:41:47 GMT 1999

Latest addition of Performance 5.0 or somethin like that, on the
newstand yesterday, had a test of one of em...

However, get this, the _-trim supercharged Stang test 'mule's' fuel pump
wasn't strong enough to even get anywhere NEAR a baseline with the
stocker EEC-IV computer, much less the Speedbrain!  The thing leaned out
even with the stock EEC!  it went from the, apparantly, all important
12.5 a/f ratio to like 13:1 and so they shut er down and swapped
computers to the speed brain and continued the test....

But they STILL tried to do the test with the 'hi-po' speedbrain in the
EEC's place!

It had an overall average of abotu 15 hp throughout the 'useable' rpm
range of the CHASSIS dyno test...

What a crappy way to test a product!

How hard is it and how long would it take for a PROFESSIONAL place to
swap out a crappy fuel pump for a GOOD HI-PO unit at a race shop that
runs dyno's for all sorts of people!  This company who's Chassis dyno
was used was a certified Accel DFI installation business!

What, no fuel pumps layin around?  I'd bet it'd only take from 10
minutes to an hour MAX to swap out the fuel pump and get some GOOD
numbers!!

Thanks for the info...

They also said that the unit sells for like $699...

They said this is the most inexpensive MAF type aftermarket
unit..outside of some sorta pigy back non-programmable system.. can't
remember the name of the other one...

LATER!

Todd....!!