Scot Sealander Sealand at clarityconnect.com
Thu May 27 01:20:01 GMT 1999

Ron Gregory wrote:

> I'm a sucker for a turbo vehicle.  I recently bought an '85 Chrysler Laser XT turbo.

I recently bought the ECM out of an '85 Turbo Lancer and a N/A '90 Dodge Daytona.
Much cheaper than the whole car..... ;-)

> In case anyone else is keeping track of this stuff, my Logic Module sticker reads:
>
> Part No. 5226795 Supplier 7902
> Data 02/27/85 15:59:44 2

Mine says:Part number 5226263   Supplier 7902
Date 01/31/85  13:46:16    4

> There are two chips in one corner with stickers on 'em.  They look like PROMs.
> One sticker says "FED" on it, and the other says "5226795" and "5226794" on it.

They are 2764 PROMs (8kx8).  This ECM has one that says "FED" on one, and "5226263" and "5226611" on the other.  One number is the same as the ECM PN.
I got both PROMs out w/o damaging the board. The PROMs are read and
disassembled, and a schematic is pretty well laid out for the hardware.  You will NOT
be able to figure out the code without a schematic for the hardware.  Pretty clever
those mopar guys......

The code is pretty well worked out.  They do not use interpolated tables like GM,
so it is much more difficult to modify. That is, you really have to understand the
code to modify this stuff.  (No searching for tables!)  The "tables" (if you want to call
them that), are really variables to plug into a linear equation.....

> Do you know the function of all six wires of the diagnostic connector?

Pink is serial comm outLt Green is serial comm in
Dk Blue-yellow is Auto shutdown (No idea what that means...)
Lt Blue-Red is Ground
Drk Blue is power
Black is ground

> How 'bout all the wires that run between the Power
> Module and the Logic Module?

Later...

> What is the format of the dignostic data stream?  I'd like to be able to
> read it without dropping a ton of money on a scan tool.

No idea yet.  Appears to be wired for full duplex though.  Still working on it.

> I'm the guy that published the Turbo P4 doc, and I helped the
> author or Promgrammer to get his application working. Plus, I
> frequently visit CSH, HQ... to take out the trash and clean
> the toilets.

Well, Mopar seems to keep a much tighter lid on it's cal data.
Might be much harder to get leaked cal data to publish...... ;-)

Scot Sealander      Sealand at clarityconnect.com