Static electricity and Teflon fuel lines

Clay B clayb at sonic.net
Mon Apr 3 18:11:11 GMT 2000

I've heard this is something to be concerned with? Is it? I was planning
on running -8 Teflon SS braided hose on the inlet side, from both aluminum
tanks, and -6 for the return lines. The tank pickup and return tubes
extend to the bottom of the tanks, no static generation there. Also, the
tanks, rails, and engine are grounded together.

Do I need "electrically continuous" fuel line? Is static generation from
the fuel flowing past the teflon a safety concern? Am I going to blow
myself up if I don't use the electrically continuous fuel line?   :)

- Clay