EPROM Eraser not erasing New EPROM

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Thu Apr 13 07:06:55 GMT 2000

93 Formula wrote:

> I put the clear part of the eprom over the light and set the
> timer for the longest time 3 times and still I have no "FF's" appearing when
> I plug it in for the blank check in the pocket programmer. Am I missing
> something? The other side of my eprom has what appears to be the chip with
> the factory sticker on it, so I THINK I am putting the right side under the
> light.

It sounds like you are just shining the UV through one of the two holes
in the blue MEMCAL cover.  That won't erase the EPROM.  You need to pull
the silvery sticker off of the EPROM (that's the 28 pin device inside
the MEMCAL), exposing the quartz (glass) window in the chip.  Then shine
the UV through that window.