EPROM Eraser not erasing New EPROM

Peter Gargano peter at ntserver.techedge.com.au
Thu Apr 13 07:15:15 GMT 2000

93 Formula wrote:

> I am using the Datarase II EPROM eraser which I rigged so it
> would stay on with the cover off.

UV Light is very dangerous for your eyes - if you have the
cover off an eraser, then make sure you have something to
shield your eyes while it's on.

I use a standard Philips 20W ULTRAVIOLET tube (quartz glass)
with a standard ballast and starter - cost me about $10 a few
years ago - I use my watch for timing! It's in a light tight
metal box, and I can erase perhaps 40 EPROMs at a time.

With this setup, a MEMCAL sits right on the tube and clears
in at least 10 minutes.

PG.