injection conversion h*lp

Kelly Bumgarner kellyb at elmnet.net
Sat May 20 20:02:06 GMT 2000

nacelp wrote:

> This answer ain't what ya wanna hear.
> Use them all.
> Get the car up and running, then tinker
> For the guestion it would seem like EFI is rather new to you, and it's much
> easier to start with knowns, rather then unknowns.

Not entirely new to me. But I doubt the need for items such as canister purge
solenoid,  WOT AC cut out, etc. I know you need to know air flow, engine speed,
exhaust gasses,  engine temperature and air temperature for efficient fuel
injection. This is all the Bosch system on my Benz needs to run. (Problem with
the Bosch system, it is the older bank firing not so efficient system. Once they
switched to sequential it works great.) Anything else is strictly emissions
related. If there is a way to elminate/defeat the EGR valve and EGR position
sensor I will use it.

I was hoping someone out there had done this conversion and could tell me first
hand what worked and what didn't.

Thanks for the reply,
Kelly B