Tuning advice sought -

Jörgen Karlsson jurg at pp.sbbs.se
Mon May 29 01:19:20 GMT 2000

Hi Mike,
I have seen new wires of very good quality that does not work on a syclone
with an MSD box. I have learned the hard way, a good look under the hood in
the dark is a good idea if you haven't done that yet.

I am not sure if you can get rid of the boost spikes with the stock turbo
when the cap is open. Here in sweden we have a lot of typhoons and every one
that the catalyst is removed from has had broken ringlands and bent rods.
The stock wastegate can't control boost without the additional backpressure
from the catalytic converter. I guess that you have aftermarket pistons and
rods in your engine and don't need to worry about it as much.

I think that if you can get rid of the boost spikes you will get better
times with the cap off, I don't know which mods you have but I think that
12.55 is a pretty decent time.

Jörgen