Dissassembling BINS

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Mon Aug 20 20:57:13 GMT 2001

Mike, don't post here in HTML ..

> Michael Humphries Woodworking wrote:
>
> I al looking for some help on dissassembling a BIN file obtained from my prom.  I
> understand that the first half of the bin viewed in a hex editor is the actual software,
> and the rest of it are the tables.

First part is usually the tables for a GM BIN. You can work
out where the code is by looking at the interrupt vectors
at the end of the BIN for for most (all?) Mot. chip.

My disassembler is available from http://www.techedge.com.au/utils/default.htm

> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you don't know assembler, there's a steep learning curve unless
you're a programmer (and then some..). There is some info on the 68HC11
from Motorola - look for a User Manual PDF file - It'll have all the
HC11's instructions, and how the chip works. There may also be some books
on the HC11 too.

Peter.