Dissassembling BINS

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Wed Aug 22 01:04:44 GMT 2001

Hi Michael,

Firstly you won't make friends by posting in HTML ;)

To answer your question, have a look at DasmX. It's freeware. I can
generate dissassembly
code that I can recompile and end up with the same binary.

It supports these processors:
Motorola 6800 family and single chip variants (including Hitachi 630X
devices); Motorola 6809; MOS Technology 6502 and Rockwell 65C0X; Zilog Z80;
Sharp LR35902 (single chip Z80 variant as used in the Nintendo GameBoy);
Intel MCS-80/85TM family (i.e. 8080 and 8085); Intel MCS-48TM family (such
as 8048); Intel MCS-51TM family (such as 8051); and Signetics 2650

You still need to know what processor it is and a few code entry points
(like
reset vectors etc) will make things a lot easier.

Just do a Google search for DasmX. Last version I know of was 1.30. I have
a copy I can send if you find it hard to find.

HTH

Christian Hack
DESIGN ENGINEER
christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au