Toyota Connectors

Chris Wilson chris at formula3.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 07:50:25 GMT 2001

> At 10:22 AM 8/20/01 -0700, Mark Agnello wrote:

>>I am interested in this from a different angle.  I use
>>a stock ECU modified by G Force Engineering but I also
>>want to install a breakout harness to connect a data
>>logger to the ECU inputs.  Do you know if it is
>>possible to get the both the male and female sides of
>>the ECU connectors?

> If anyone finds a source for these connectors, I'd like to hear about
> it too. I've hacked up the wiring harnesses on 2 of my cars (4A-GZE
> and 3S-GTE) to break out some signals, but it'd be so much cleaner
> with the right connectors.

> I did hear of a scan tool that attaches in this way, at the ECU
> connectors. I can try to find out if it's a Toyota tool or
> aftermarket... though I don't think in either case it'll help
> us get the connectors they used.

>    Chris C.

Will HKS supply their FCON V connector harness separately? The FCON V is
a unit that interfaces between the stock loom and the stock ECU. The
unit itself is very similar across the range of engines they supply it
for, it seesm the loom adaptor and programming are the only changes. I
would THINK a damaged loom adaptor could be replaced?

--
Best regards,
 Chris Wilson                           mailto:chris at formula3.freeserve.co.uk
                                       http://www.formula3.freeserve.co.uk