Suzuki CDI information

Bert Bakker bert.bakker at bakker-it.nl
Wed Aug 29 06:49:32 GMT 2001

Hi Joe,

After an evening behind my screen, that’s what I thought too. Electronics is
my life ....... (hmmm, at least a big part of it, the other parts have tits
an tires) and my hands are itching to start building one. But, I know
myself; it will take month to finish. So another solution is buying an
ignition unit of some car at the junkyard, hoping to find schematics on the
internet and hopefully a easy to program microprocessor. But then, this will
take a lot of time too. The easiest solution on sort notice will be
modifying my current unit. Then I can enjoy it the couple of races left for
this year.

In the winter I have planed to add a lot of electronics to my bike, and now
I am thinning of a replacement ignition unit too.
Can you help me on the right track maybe? You mentioned an "after market
engine management system". Is there an (internet)shop I can buy such a
thing? Including the necessary documentation? This logging part is very
interesting! Do you have experience with such a unit yourself?

Thanks,
Bert