WB & logging

Barry Tisdale btisdale at cybersol.com
Wed Aug 29 14:42:52 GMT 2001

At 08:26 AM 8/29/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks Barry.  It is interesting to see real world experience versus
>textbook theory.  My biggest concern with using the DIY WB O2 unit is
>falling into the trap of dialing in an engine for a particular AFR instead
>of for maximum performance.

Another interesting thing is 'seat of the pants' (buttometer) vs the
accelerometer.  A richer AFR 'felt' faster - the peaks shown by the
accelerometer *were* higher - BUT - the area under the curve was greater w/
the 12.0 AFR than the 10.8 - higher overall acceleration.  Dunno why, but
I'm going to tune w/ the meter, not my butt or 'theoretical' AFRs.

>I assume NB = narrowband?

Yes.

>How far from the exhaust valve do you have your
>O2 sensor installed?

Both sensors post turbo by about 3", in the downpipe.

Barry