WB & logging

Eric Fahlgren efahl at adams.com
Wed Aug 29 15:32:35 GMT 2001

Barry Tisdale wrote:
> 4.3L GMC Syclone, a/w intercooled turbo, max rpm 5300.  Amount of water
> (1:1 water/methanol, actually) injected is unknown @ this time - I'll have
> feeding 2 x 0.7mm jets, though - rough SWAG would be 500-550ml/min - about
> the same output as one of the 40# fuel injectors on the engine.

Cool, so I estimate you're flowing about 680 CFM, and using 500 cc/min
50% water/methanol you get about 36 C temperature drop on top of the IC
(assuming perfect vaporization).

http://members.home.net/pfahlgren/cars/turbo/glossary/turbo_calc.html?Bore=Inch(4.00)&Stroke=Inch(3.48)&nCyl=6&RPM=5300&VE=75&Boost=18&wiRate=500&wiLoc=3&SFC=0.55&AFR=12

--
Eric Fahlgren                            Mechanical Dynamics, Inc
efahl at adams.com                          Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA