Logs of individual cyl with O2+WB

Dan Zorde dzorde at erggroup.com
Wed Jul 11 00:07:41 GMT 2001

I can veryify that with a practical example (this happened to me).  No
7cyl on my SBC, burnt the spark plug hood on the lead, resulting in it
sparking through the hood and onto the extractors every now and again.
However what caught me out was the fact that the O2 kept showing up as
very lean, hence after having ruled out ignition problems (only did it
when heavily loaded up, and it felt like a clogged injector) I went
through the usual of checking fuel pressure and cleaning injectors.

It was actually pure luck I saw a small black spot on the spark plug
hood (had already resistance checked all leads previously and replaced
one suspect lead) as I was removing no7 plug to see if it had fouled.
Now everything is OK after I replaced that hood and put some heat
wrapping on it for good measure.

Dan  dzorde at erggroup.com