Any ideas on numbers appreciated....

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Thu May 3 02:39:23 GMT 2001

"Michael D. Porter" wrote:

> I bought a manifold, injectors and fuel rails,
> cheap, from an `88 Ciera V-6 for use on the Buick V-6 in my TR7. I was a
> bit surprised to see a "sequential fuel injection" label on the
> manifold, since I thought most V-6 GM systems were batch- or bank-fire
> at the time.

The Buick 3.8 V6 went to sequential injection in '86 (and I think in '84
on the turbo 3.8's.)  I suspect it was mainly for marketing purposes,
and a little bit as a field test of SFI.  It may also have helped meet
emissions requirements.

> I'd like to know if anyone has a GM part number handy for an
> ECM configured for manual transmission, 3.8 l stock V-6 engine,
> real-time barometric control and sequential injection.

Manual transmissions and Buicks do not go together.  Hence there are no
OEM manual transmission equipped 3.8 EFI engines.  You'll have to work
from an automatic chip.