Dart heads - off topic (sort of)

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Fri May 4 08:27:13 GMT 2001

I am like 95% sure that all world products "dart 2" heads have hardned valve
seat inserts(all mine do). Even if for some reason you dont have the hardned
seats installed you will have much less problem with the metal in these
haeds compared to oem heads. Its very hard and I believe it has a very high
nickel content. But like I said I am almost 95% sure they ALL have hardned
seats installed out of the box. Just run a decent stainless valve and you'll
do fine.
BTW. if you are having a valve job done, be sure to have the seats "CUT"
instead of ground. A shop that uses a "Serdi" machine is what you want. The
seats have a machined finish instead of a ground finish. youre valve job
will last longer, and may flow a little better(in theory).

Just My experiences with SBC 'dart II' heads.
Marvin Fugate (The Punisher)