VSS and aftermarket

Andrew McRory amacc at iron-bridge.net
Thu May 10 14:46:10 GMT 2001

Greetings to all!

As I get nearer to cutting wires I am looking for a good way to add a VSS
to my '72 Jimmy 4x4 conversion (using the 727). I have seen the external
sensors from JTR and while that may what I wind up using I am still
looking for options like...  ...pulling the factory speedo sensor from a
v6 Camaro to hack into the Jimmy's speedo but I don't think so now :-)

So I got the idea that with all the factory cars with integral VSS
speedometers there must be an aftermarket replacemnt with VSS built in or
at least offered as an option. Since I already planned to update my guages
this seemed like a match made in heaven. So far I have not found such a
beast. Anyone know if such an animal exists?

Regards,

Andrew in Florida...
"Oh, about the Homepage virus thing... just use UNIX or at least stop
using Microsoft email products :-P "