Wiring harness construction technique question

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sun May 27 15:12:43 GMT 2001

If you want an official accepted practice as developed by your gubmint with
your taxes, see:
http://www.moneypit.net/~pratt/ac43/
I have found it to be an excellent, well written, easy to read reference on
many, many things.  You will be interested in the following chapter and
contents:

CHAPTER 11. AIRCRAFT ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS

(In two parts, Part A and Part B)

SECTION 1. INSPECTION AND CARE OF ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS

SECTION 2. STORAGE BATTERIES

SECTION 3. INSPECTION OF EQUIPMENT INSTALLATION Note!! I've been told the
chapter 11 zip file is missing this section. I'm sorry! I can't re-zip the
zip file until next week, so, in the meantme, here is the individual chapter
11, section 3 file.

SECTION 4. INSPECTION OF CIRCUIT-PROTECTION DEVICES

SECTION 5. ELECTRICAL WIRE RATING

SECTION 6. AIRCRAFT ELECTRICAL WIRE SELECTION

SECTION 7. TABLE OF ACCEPTABLE WIRES

SECTION 8. WIRING INSTALLATION INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS

SECTION 9. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AND INSPECTION

SECTION 10. SERVICE LOOP HARNESSES (PLASTIC TIE STRIPS)

SECTION 11. CLAMPING

SECTION 12. WIRE INSULATION AND LACING STRING TIE

SECTION 13. SPLICING.

SECTION 14. TERMINAL REPAIRS

SECTION 15. GROUNDING AND BONDING

SECTION 16. WIRE MARKING

SECTION 17. CONNECTORS

SECTION 18. CONDUITS

SECTION 19. PROTECTION OF UNUSED CONNECTORS

SECTION 20. ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC SYMBOLS

 Brian Michalk  <http://www.awpi.com/michalk>
musician, home-brewer, entrepreneur and SINGLE!