TBI Manifold Preference...???

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Sun May 27 18:54:23 GMT 2001

>From: Shannen Durphey <shannen at grolen.com>
>To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
>Subject: Re: TBI Manifold Preference...???
>Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 01:37:27 -0400
>
>The Punisher wrote:
> >

><snip>
>
> > I applied thermal barrier coating on the piston tops,combustion
>chambers,
> > valve's, and exhaust ports. I air-brushed it on after SAND-blasting(NOT
> > glassbead), then cured it in the oven.
>Acid etching works very well.  Prep and cleanup times are
>significantly reduced.  Hydroflouric wheel acid is strong
>enough to etch stainless valves as well as everything else
>you may choose to coat.
>
>Shannen
I'll look at trying that next time. This was a back yard project done with
an air-brush, small sandblaster and the kitchen oven. 4years later there is
still no sign of any of the coatings coming off on the aluminum,stainless or
cast iron. I'm sure a shop like Jet-Hot does superior work, but this seems
to do fine(so far). I used the tech-line stuff.
Thanks for the acid tip, I just might have to try it soon :) .

The Punisher