What is Super Jet/Jet Hot?

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Thu Apr 11 02:13:23 GMT 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:07:37 +1200, Tony Bryant <brd at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

>http://www.theoldone.com/archive/manifold-fabrication.htm
>
>In the above URL there's a mention of using baking soda and
>"Super Jet" to make prototypes from.
>
>Could someone tell me what "Super Jet" is?

Ahh, I think he's referring to a couple brands of cyanoacrylate glue (ya know,
super glu/crazy glu type stuff).

Standard aircraft builder's trick; cyanoacrylate is actually a pre-mixed
two-part adhesive, and the bottled "accelerant" is just a "base" like baking
soda in solution. There's usually enough moisture in the air to supply the h2o
when using dry baking soda, and what baking soda doesn't get chemically used up
in the quite exothermic reaction, ends up as a filler. Typically when stickin
two things together in a hurry when constructing experimental aircraft parts
(lots of foam, epoxy, fiberglass/carbonFiber goin on in XA :), we'll use both
the baking soda and some "micro" (glass microballons) as a real filler along
with the cyanoacrylate glue. This isn't used for structural bonds BTW, just a
fast hard tack.

Yeah yeah, you thot crazyglue was fast already?; well, this is like "flash"
gluing. Absolutely instantaneous; poof.

HTH,
Gar