[Diy_efi] [Diy_efi]: prop sensing

William Shurvinton shurvinton at orange.net
Sun Apr 21 21:18:43 GMT 2002

There was a thread some months back talking about the all pervading knock
sensing issue where someone mentioned torque sensing. Was talking with a
good friend yesterday who does a lot of work with some major UK race teams
and  he said that he regularly fits strain guages to propshafts cranks etc
Got me thinking and I wondered if anyone had any practical experience of
this sort of stuff and whether it is DIY doable. Certainly to me seems
easier than doing a load of DSP on a microphone to try and measure knock,
but I suspect I have overlooked some fundamentals somewhere.

Bill