[Diy_efi] [Diy_efi]: prop sensing

Greg Hermann bearbvd at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 22 14:17:58 GMT 2002

At 9:20 AM 4/22/02, <bill.shurvinton at nokia.com> wrote:
>Might not be a digital solution :-)
>
>-----Original Message-----
From: ext Stephen Andersen [mailto:SAndersen at advan-tek.com]
>Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 12:26 AM
>To: 'Diy_efi at diy-efi.org'
>Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] [Diy_efi]: prop sensing

And what might be wrong with just using load cell motor mounts, properly
calibrated?? Possibly even mount "pads" containng hydraulic fluid together
with a diff pressure sensor for output instead of strain gauges??

With a VSS and various ways of sensing engine speed, you already have info
on what gear it's in.

Could lock up the tranny and use a (big) torque wrench on the front pulley
or prop shaft output to calibrate things.

Greg