[Diy_efi] WBO2 and engine load question

Steve Hutson acomp at websurf.net
Wed Aug 21 06:07:33 GMT 2002

Hay Everbody ;)

1. I wonder if anyone knows how engine load is calculated? I'm trying to
build a (cheap) data acquisition (DA) system. The MAP and TPS voltages don't
easily cross to many ECU PW tables. The ECU uses RPM/ %load.

2. Is there any reasonably simple method to lineraize the WBO2 Vout to AFR?
this is causing me a lot of trouble.

I'm trying to develop this for local drag, autocross, road racers to
build/use. A lot of racers are capable of building but not designing such a
device (sounds like me). Just so you all know, I do sell my time on occasion
(to those who need lots of dedicated time). Mostly I give away knowledge
(what I have), HW schematics, and the where to find info. I will gladly post
ALL of the information needed to do this. At this time my system is TOOO
crude for most people to use.

All of you probably know this... DataQ sell a (cheap) DA device named the
DI-194RS for @ $25. It might be a little rough for lab work, but it is great
for this job. Also look at the direct x shareware from ultima serial, it
allows logging directly to that MS spreadsheet E**** (uno).

Last but not least. Take a look at this link
http://techedge.com.au/vehicle/wbo2/default.htm . They have kits for WBO2
digital displays. I think they adapt directly to the US WBO2. If I'm wrong,
would someone please let me know. I will be ordering a couple for those
times when all of the DA equipment isn't needed.

Steve