[Diy_efi] service manual on CD?

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Fri Aug 23 23:18:24 GMT 2002

I've easily spent over $500 the last few years on service manuals from
HELM, one car at a time.  There's gotta be a better way.  Helm has CDs
now, but they seem to be '98 and up only.  I'm building a hybrid motor
thing using a '98 vortec truck motor and a '95 pickup PCM so I'd like
service manuals for both.

So my question is, where can you get *quality* service info (preferably
on CD) other than helm, at diy prices (ie not thousands of dollars).
I'd be willing to pay the $300 Helm wants if it covered both years I
need.  I should mention that I did buy an alldata single auto CD back in
'95 or so and found it to be nearly useless.  It seems like they're one
of the big players, maybe their CD has gotten better since then.  I also
know about Dan at factoryautomanuals.com, I'll be calling him if I can't
find what I want on CD.  any suggestions?

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com