[Diy_efi] phillips xag49 engine management

Kent Martin kentmartin at froggy.com.au
Sat Jun 1 21:42:01 GMT 2002

Hi.
I am planning to build an engine management system based on a phillips
xag49 micro. This is basically a 80c51 16 bit derivative that will
runs up to 30 Mhz. I have built a system before that used a hc11 but
for those who know the hc11 will know how under powered it is for
this application.
I was wondering if anyone would have much expierence on the design and
programming side to advise if they know of a more suitable micro that I
could
use.
I know the 68332 has lots of io and timers that suit engine management very
well
but I am tring to build a system that has no external ram or rom.
Other feature I need are things like in application and in system
programming
to allow easy software upgrades and on the fly fuel table changes.
I have already used the xag49 to fudge the map sensor input and control
a water pump for the water injection and monitor pressures and rpm, etc.
I would appreciate anyones help on this.

Best Regards,
Kent Martin.
B Eng.
Queensland Australia.