[Diy_efi] phillips xag49 engine management

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 2 03:22:08 GMT 2002

Kent Martin tapped away at the keyboard with:

> I am planning to build an engine management system based on a phillips
> xag49 micro. This is basically a 80c51 16 bit derivative that will
> runs up to 30 Mhz. I have built a system before that used a hc11 but
> for those who know the hc11 will know how under powered it is for
> this application.
> I was wondering if anyone would have much expierence on the design and
> programming side to advise if they know of a more suitable micro that I
> could use.

Perhaps you have time to look at an Atmel ATMega128. It has 8
timer-counters which can be used for PWM, etc.; is
in-system-programmable; has 127kbytes of program store; a fair
amount of EEPROM and can self-program new code. Incorporates two
USARTS. Supports all sorts of buzzwords and abbreviations I don't
understand yet, like JTAG debugging, etc.

It has "only" eight 10-bit ADC... but that may be enough for your
application.

More information from http://www.atmel.com or just get the
datasheet from http://www.atmel.com/atmel/acrobat/doc2467.pdf

HTH.