[Diy_efi] Cam duration & MAP sensors

James Ridewood jimpr at lycos.co.uk
Mon Jun 3 12:48:12 GMT 2002

On Monday 03 June 2002 3:28 am, you wrote:
I believe it is due to the large amount of overlap, this causes pressure
waves to be sent back up the inlet port giving the MAP sensor wildly
fluctuating signals therefore making it difficult to determine how much fuel
to spit in.

One way around this may be to go for a self mappable ECU like Emerald using
throttle bodies from someone like Jenvey. This setup does not rely on MAP
(unless using forced induction) just throttle position vs RPM and is
currently very popular here in the UK.

Hope this is of use

J.