[Diy_efi] Info on how to make crank position sensor circuit?

David Gravereaux davygrvy at pobox.com
Mon Jun 3 12:52:04 GMT 2002

1) Count gear teeth on the flywheel from a HAL effect with a second sensor
in the distributor resetting which stroke the crank is on.

2) Use a PLL and multiply the gear tooth frequency upto some factor for
greater precision in the counters.

Instead of using a timer to derive a rotational position, I'd prefer to
use "clicks" and count up to it all in hardware.  I'd like to use this as
the "server" part of an engine management system where I can register (now
in software) events such as injector open and spark fire and such.  Anyone
ever built such a thing?
--
David Gravereaux <davygrvy at pobox.com>
[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway,alpha sector]