[Diy_efi] Info on how to make crank position sensor circuit?

Tomas Sokorai Sch. tsokorai at xperts.cl
Mon Jun 3 20:30:56 GMT 2002

On Monday 03 June 2002 02:33, David Gravereaux wrote:
> Instead of using a timer to derive a rotational position, I'd prefer to
> use "clicks" and count up to it all in hardware.  I'd like to use this as
> the "server" part of an engine management system where I can register (now
> in software) events such as injector open and spark fire and such.  Anyone
> ever built such a thing?

I don't. I count timers between teeths; I'm building the very first stage of
my EFI project, a programmable ignition. But I'm trying to make it modular
and for example the ignition as it has to know RPM & MAP, I'm thinking in
having these values available from the Ign. ECU for the next step: the EFI
ECU. The EFI ECU will be the client and in my case, the ign. ecu will be a
peripheral "server" which can be asked about RPM & MAP. The ign ecu is a
little PICmicro chip right now, as it has everything I need (A/D, counters,
enough Flash RAM) and is very cheap and easy to program.

Tomas