[Diy_efi] Cam duration & MAP sensors

William Shurvinton shurvinton at orange.net
Tue Jun 4 20:20:32 GMT 2002

Over where? I'm based not 50 miles from Emerald. My Point stands that in
terms of feature set SDS is a better bet. Even a GM unit has far greater
facilities (bar injector staging). The emerald is an alpha-n system
optimised for 4 cylinder engines which does not, on paper make it worth
$750.

The emerald is the lowest of the low in terms of functionality. Owners of
4-pot engines in Caterhams love them because caterham couldn't be bothered
to set up the MEMS properly when they tuned up the K-series engine. I have a
MEMs going into a test bench to prove this point. As soon as I clear my
current backlog I intend to put an emerald map into a MEMS.

The value in the emerald proposition is that you get an hours RR included in
the price. Not useful in America. Dave Walker knows a lot more than me about
cars but I wish people would stop deifying him for the ECU. Rocket science
it is not.

Bill

(cc'd in case this fails steve's filter)