[Diy_efi] OT: Supercharger bypass valve location

Stephen Andersen SAndersen at advan-tek.com
Tue Jun 4 17:17:34 GMT 2002

I don;t think the proximity of the bypass should cause a
problem.  I am working on a draw thru using a twin-screw on
my car, and the throttle body is mounted directly to a housin that
is mountin directly to the SC inlet.

However, the vacumm signal for the bypass must come from the
intake manifold, or from the piping after the blower (at least that is
my understanding).

If you put the signal line behind the throttle plate but before the
blower, there will always be vacuum there and you will never get
the bypass to close...

Steve