[Diy_efi] Use O2 sensor on motorcycle?

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Thu Jun 6 12:51:03 GMT 2002

An SCR is great for charging a battery from the AC line
(esp if you use a fero-resonant transformer).  With a
1 amp load, power dissipated wouldn't be much over a
watt.  BUT an SCR once triggered will only turn off when
the power is (briefly) removed.  Thats great for AC power
that stops and reverses 120 times a second.  But not at
all practical in controlling DC power.  Even the rectified
DC from a vehicle alternator is generally 3 phase, which
means it never drops all the way to zero.

Bruce Roe