[Diy_efi] My WB doesn't pass the test: The return...

renaud leguillr at COURRIER.UMontreal.CA
Thu Jun 6 12:59:08 GMT 2002

Hi everyone,

I already posted this problem at least a month ago, but had problems with
my server and had to redo my subscription on DIY-EFI list, so I apologize
for the repeat...

My WB doesn't pass TEST 26:
Heater circuit powered up, J7 to U2 pin 13:  I have 0v!!! (instead of
0.9/1.2v).

I disconnected one end of R39 from the board and measured an almost normal
resistance: 67.8K (versus 22K when on the board).

I checked there was continuity between pin 13 U2 to U3 and between U3 and R40.
I also by mistake measured resistance between U2 pin 13 and ISO1 pin 4, and
found 133K (I hope it did not damage U3 doing this...).

What should I do next to find the problem?

Thanks so much for your help.
Renaud.