[Diy_efi] My WB doesn't pass the test: The return...

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Thu Jun 6 20:18:33 GMT 2002

renaud wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I already posted this problem at least a month ago, but had problems with
> my server and had to redo my subscription on DIY-EFI list, so I apologize
> for the repeat...
>
> My WB doesn't pass TEST 26:
> Heater circuit powered up, J7 to U2 pin 13:  I have 0v!!! (instead of
> 0.9/1.2v).

With the heater ready LED on and the voltage at U3 pin 5 < .1V,
there is either a solder short or U3 or U2 is bad.

If U3 is socketed remove it from the circuit & re-test. If it passes
then U3 is bad.

If it does not pass, then a solder short exists or U2 is bad. You
can remove U2 to see if it is bad or a solder short exists.

BobR.