[Diy_efi] Bosch Air Flow Meter info please

AnalogWz at aol.com AnalogWz at aol.com
Fri Jun 14 16:59:31 GMT 2002

--part1_cf.187be651.2a3b7309_boundary

It looks like the DC voltage output of these mechanical vane meters (The pot
wiper) may be a linear function of air flow; Is this true? What is the
function of the resistor from the top of the pot to the ECU? One end may
connect to the battery and the resistor pot junction appears to be a
regulated 6.8 VDC (Maybe a Zener in the ECU).
I'm trying to make a plug-in replacement ECU for a, no longer available,
Bosch L-Jetronic analog ECU.
Thanks,
Jim

--part1_cf.187be651.2a3b7309_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">It looks like the DC voltage output of these mechanical vane meters (The pot wiper) may be a linear function of air flow; Is this true? What is the function of the resistor from the top of the pot to the ECU? One end may connect to the battery and the resistor pot junction appears to be a regulated 6.8 VDC (Maybe a Zener in the ECU).&nbsp; <BR>
I'm trying to make a plug-in replacement ECU for a, no longer available, Bosch L-Jetronic analog ECU.<BR>
Thanks, <BR>
Jim</FONT></HTML>

--part1_cf.187be651.2a3b7309_boundary--