[Diy_efi] Basic Speed-Density equations?

Grant Beaty gbeaty at ufl.edu
Mon Jun 17 13:50:30 GMT 2002

What about switching from a car with a MAF to speed density, on the stock
ECU? Is some kind of circuit required to get the throttle response correct?

I've got a nifty little fuel/timing piggy back called the GReddy E Manage.
Although it does not officially support speed density, It can directly
manipulate duty cycle on a 16x16 map of MAP voltage vs. RPM. Ajustable in 1%
increments (is this enough for good drivability? The car has 6x 550ccs, and
I might upgrade to 850). Temp correction could be applied to the MAP input,
but the only thing I'm worried about is throttle response, since I know MAFs
don't response instantly due to their distance from the TB (its a turbo and
intercooled car).

Thanks for any help,
Grant Beaty