[Diy_efi] Bosch Air Flow Meter info please

Bobby Riggs bobbyriggs at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 17 13:49:43 GMT 2002

Think of a TPS as Throttle angle, well this flow
meter is more like Flap Angle (FPS?).  The wiper
inside basically gives a varied voltage based on
posistion.  Why would you want to replace the
ECU? Contrary to popular belief (from carb guys)
they are extremely reliable and I've never seen,
nor confirmed a dead analog Bosch ECU.  If worse
comes to worse, get a 'new' one out of a '76 and
later VW Transporter (bus).  80/81 is when they
had extra smog stuff that can be deleted.  Its
almost identical to any Porsche L-Jet (I don't
believe there is ANY differences).  These ECU's
are like the grandfather of the calculator :)
Garbage in, garbage out.  You can 'tune' them
easier than ANY other ECU (opioniated belief of
course).
-Bobby