[Diy_efi] Re: Tunning TDi engines, advice sought

Stephan Helbig sthl at gmx.de
Tue Jun 18 15:17:14 GMT 2002

Hi,

Seems you all have the Bosch VP 44 rotary pump. However, it actually
doesn't matter which pump it basically is (many other diesel come with
VP 36/37). The only question here again is: How to find maps. There
should basically be five incoming signals to find in the maps (or
registers in the disassembly) for the basic functions:
- pump position sensor (only with VP 44 afaik)
- TDC sensor=engine speed sensor
- throttle position sensor
- boost pressure sensor
- EGR valve sensor (which should be switched off!)
- some pumps even have fuel temp sensor, another throttle position
sensor, injector solenoid sensor on the pump and a needle sensor at one
injector and one should take into account coolant temperature, which is
connected to advance ignition.
All in all: not a quick job and I'm also still looking for to find
single maps on my BMW 525tds files (yes, there are two eproms and so I
have *two* files at 90kb).
As for the BMW files it is remarkable that there are a lot of zero flags
(FF) in the middle of the file and the actually programming only seems
to be at the beginning and at the end. The disassembly shows you besides
hexadresses registers like "J8132". Anyone any ideas about that?

Stephan

Lachlan Chapman schrieb:

> I was about to ask a similar question to the list, the engine i have in mind
> is a nissan with a bosch VP pump, it apparently uses canbus for the link to
> the ecu, but the manuals at the dealership didnt go into any more depth.

Visit me:
http://people.freenet.de/sthl/
http://www.e-ger-translation.de
Mobil/SMS +49/174/5678 845