[Diy_efi] Re: OT: Tunning TDi Landies

Stephan Helbig sthl at gmx.de
Tue Jun 18 15:27:10 GMT 2002

Hi Toby,

If it's a mechanical Bosch distributor pump you can raise the maximum
fuel injection deal per stroke. There should be a sealed screw above the
outgoing injector lines and right above the shut off solenoid. Remove
the seal and turn it in at about 1/4 and do a test drive. The engine
will become a bit smoky but for racing it shouldn't be important.
However, don't go too far as otherwise the fuel will not be sprayed into
the piston hole but against the cylinder walls. Just go as far as the
engine becomes smoky.
Boost pressure can IMHO get as high as 1,8bar at this compression ratio.
VW TDIs use a boost pressure at about 1,1bar with the original
intercooler and Ford Mondeo TD (90hp) even goes up to 1,8bar. So if you
have a bigger intercooler, just go ahead, but do not get rid of the
overpressure waste gate.
You can also turn the pump up to the most advanced position (see factory
data). There is usually a range of some mm left.

Stephan

--
Visit me:
http://people.freenet.de/sthl/