[Diy_efi] DIY-WBO2 circuit improvement suggestion (Greg Hermann)

Chad Clendening clendenc at execpc.com
Thu Jun 20 14:19:02 GMT 2002

I PWM'ed a UEGO heater once, the thing started making noise.
Noise = vibration, I figured ceramic and vibration probably don't mix.

I didn't try adding an inductor in the circuit, that would keep the current continuous.

The real issue gets down to how much heat / voltage is actually needed when connected to a running enigne?  If it is simply a lower voltage, then the voltage limit could be reduced to the appropriate level.  However,I found with less
voltage applied, the ip cell woudn't pump enough to stabilize the vs cell at 0.45 v in free air.  On the bench you don't have 1000 deg air warming the sensor up and may need additional power in the heater.  If the voltage limit is not
desired, it should be quite simple to remove the voltage limitations and just use the current regulation portion.

Chad