[Diy_efi] HOT daily driver

Hugh Keir hugh.keir at pathfinderlwd.com
Mon Jun 24 14:59:08 GMT 2002

Jorgen,

The figures I quoted are for a slightly modified Nissan Skyline and they
stay together well.

Nissan have a 970=B0C max warning on the exhaust gas temperature after =
the
turbo, although this seems high to me as well. I have just fitted an
exhaust gas temperature sensor in front of the turbo, so will find out
those temps shortly, will be limiting them to 990=B0C

The ceramic stuff will hopefully keep the temperatures in check for the
further modifications carried out.

Hugh

Ouch!

1750oF after the turbo, that is on the hot side if it is measured before
the
turbo. I guess that adding 200oF for every bar of boost pressure will
get
you close to the temperature before the turbo. It works for me.

In any case I don't think that the car will be a daily driver for
long...

Jorgen